You can get the latest version of Flux in several formats:
- Source tarball
Suitable for developers and users who can't use the RPM package
Flux 0.10.0 (August 28th, 2005)
- Finished implementing fast elliptic curve cryptographic functions.
- Implemented FluxWorker, which can schedule arbitrary function calls in
separate threads and provide return values to the main thread.
- Implemented FluxIndexedList, a GList with fast lookup, append and remove.
- Eliminated a huge performance drag when dispatching many small I/O stream
events in FluxTcpIO. The worker thread was woken up way too often.
- Did the above for FluxFileIO as well, but the benefit seems to be much
- Eliminated a slight, but unnecessary performance drag in FluxObject type
- Eliminated all warnings as issued by GCC 4.0.1 on Linux.
Flux 0.9.1 (June 11th, 2005)
- Cleaned up the FluxMarshaller code, to avoid problems on 64-bit archs and GCC 4.
- Made FluxRng consume slightly more data from /dev/random (if present).
- Made FluxIPResolver always keep a thread handy.
- Cleaned up configure.in, removing some useless options.
- Explicitly require the gthread module.
- Eliminated new GCC warnings all over.
Flux 0.9.0 (April 10th, 2005)
- Implemented utilities for simplified GObject definition.
- Implemented FluxInterval.
- Implemented random-order traversal for FluxPatTree cursors.
- Added large file support and error reporting to FluxFileIO.
- Made FluxPatTree cursors remain valid across unrelated removals/insertions.
- Made FluxFifo free up buffers more aggressively.
- Reduced threads' memory overhead somewhat.
- Bugfix: FluxCachedFile could corrupt data occasionally.
- Bugfix: FluxTcpListener sockets were not closed on finalization.
- Bugfix: FluxFifo could give a bad free count.
- Bugfix: FluxMarshaller marshalled booleans in an architecture-dependent way.
- Bugfix: Portability fixes.
- The "examples" directory is now called "test".
Flux 0.8.2 (May 28th, 2004)
- Detect getnameinfo() and getaddrinfo() and use those if available.
- Break out of dispatch callbacks after a set amount of data has been
processed, ensuring control is given back to the main loop regularly.
- Made all async callbacks be low priority.
- Bugfix: Doesn't stall the main loop if data is coming in faster than
it can be handled by the client app.
Flux 0.8.1 (May 25th, 2004)
- Bugfix: Fixed a leak in FluxTcpIO.
- Bugfix: Added a definition that was missing from the win32 .def file.
Flux 0.8.0 (May 23rd, 2004)
- Made FluxFileIO threaded, using fds directly instead of GIOChannels.
- Made FluxTcpIO threaded.
- Made FluxTcpListener threaded.
- Made FluxFifo threadsafe.
- Implemented FluxIPAddr, an IPv4/IPv6 address class.
- Implemented FluxIPResolver, an async DNS resolver class.
- Implemented FluxBoolArray, which is a simple, auto-expanding array of bits.
- Implemented FluxBinPath, which describes a path through a binary tree.
- Implemented FluxPackedBinTree, which stores data in a compact, static binary
- Implemented FluxECSecretKey, FluxECPublicKey and supporting elliptic
curve cryptography functions (API still not finished).
- Implemented a few cross-platform socket utilities, particularly targeted
towards win32 compatibility.
- As a consequence of changes listed above, Flux no longer depends on GNet.
- Made the RPMs require zlib packages (thanks to Michael Wolf).